Monday 3 December 2012

INDIVIDUALITY AND UNIQUNESS



We the moderns claim that no two individuals are alike. No two persons' goals are necessarily the same. 'Singularity' is precious. Without getting to the philosophical issues, I would like to raise some questions that can be raised from the experiences of our life world. 

The claim is that we live in a world where one's individuality is abolished with the arrival of machines, particularly computer.  – my handwriting is gone… along with all others’. 
  • People all over the world write the same way. They look beautiful …  to look different everyone chooses different fonts, size etc.[but one chooses only from what is given.] Everything is ‘even’, ‘the same,’ same curves, same size – does this mean beautiful? Uniformity is only one aspect of beauty? Is not it? It is very hard to see where I have fallen, and where I made a mistake. There is nothing in my paper like this. Does it mean that I never make a mistake? Am I perfect? It only seems that nobody in the world makes anymore mistakes. Or Is everything that is uttered considered to be right? Everybody is perfect. Everybody writes the same way. What a world is this?
  • Indians are often seen to be people falling into what is called 'popular culture'. They often show the western world to be a model how everyone thinks and acts on his own. But the pop-culture, running after the celebrities, following and craving for the look of the celebrities is much stronger in the Western countries although variations can be there. while on the one side I claim to be unique and set my life on my way, I only choose to go along with others who have the same liking...

No comments:

Post a Comment